May 28, 2016

f Comment

Eclipse: Fixing Error When Re-Checking Out An SVN Project from a New SVN Server

Amazon I changed my SVN server which changed the IP address of the SVN server, and therefore I needed to re-check out my SVN projects to my Eclipse workspace. When I tried to check out an SVN project in Eclipse do you see this error?

checkout svn://xxx@xxx/svnrepos/repository/trunk -r HEAD --depth=infinity --force
The working copy needs to be upgraded
svn: Working copy 'some\path' is too old (format 10, created by Subversion 1.6)

If so, I'll help you fix this problem.

Solution

Delete the old folders in the file explorer (usually located in the left-hand side of your workspace) in Eclipse. Now your file explorer should be empty. Import the SVN project from the new SVN server again by right-clicking and selecting "Import... -> SVN". The error should go away.

In my case I use the PHP Explorer. In your case it may be another type of project explorer. It depends on which explorer you are using in Eclipse.

Questions? Let me know!
Please leave a comment here!
One Minute Information - by Michael Wen
ADVERTISING WITH US - Direct your advertising requests to Michael