Jul 22, 2015

f Comment

PhpMyAdmin 4.4.10: Control key + Arrow key NOT working while inserting or editing a database table record. Fix it in SECONDS.

Amazon I use PhpMyAdmin 4.4.10. When I browse a database table and click on Edit to edit a record, I realize I cannot use Control key + Arrow key to navigate in the Value text field or text area. I can use the Arrow key alone fine, but very often I use Control + Left key or Control + Right key to move cursor quickly. What can I do to be able to use Ctrl and any arrow key while editing or inserting a table row?

Solution

First locate your WAMP folder. In my case, my WAMP folder is C:\wamp2.5.

In C:\wamp2.5\apps\phpMyAdmin-4.4.10-english\js\keyhandler.js, I did the following to enable control key + arrow key.
function onKeyDownArrowsHandler(e)
{
 return;
 (original code)
...
 (original code)
}
Save your change and reload PhpMyAdmin or PMA and see if it fixes the problem.

This fix will also work when you are inserting a new database table record.

If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to help you!
Please leave a comment here!
One Minute Information - by Michael Wen
ADVERTISING WITH US - Direct your advertising requests to Michael