Jun 30, 2015

f Comment

[SOLVED] Coping all Naver LINE instant messaging application data to a new computer so I don't need to login into LINE again which deletes all my chat history

Amazon We use Windows computers at our company. Today our company's technician switched me to another domain. All of a sudden, when I logged into Naver LINE, it asked me to verify my identification by inputting a number into my smartphone. Worse, if I do so, all my chat data will be erased from Naver LINE.

Naver LINE is a popular instant messaging application available on iOS, Android, Windows PC.

But I don't want to lose my chat history. I don't want to login again. I want to pick up where I left off when I move to the new company domain or a new computer. What should I do?

First make sure you install the PC version of Naver LINE software on your new PC. Download Naver LINE PC version from Naver LINE's official website.

Solution

Once you are done installing Naver LINE application on your new computer, simply copy this folder from the old computer or old domain:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Line

To the following location on the new computer or new domain:

C:\Users\<your new user name>\AppData\Local\

Then run the LINE executable on your new computer or domain. You should not even need to log in. Everything should be back to normal.

Update on 20160907: Today I installed Naver LINE on my new PC and logged in. After logging in, I didn't lose any chat history. So it's all good.

Questions? Let me know!
Please leave a comment here!
One Minute Information - by Michael Wen
ADVERTISING WITH US - Direct your advertising requests to Michael