Jan 27, 2015

f Comment

[SOLVED] Learn how to use any SVN version in MobaXterm in SECONDS!

Amazon If you use MobaXterm on Windows and SVN source control software, you may be wondering how to use SVN in a MobaXterm terminal. One way is to download MobaXterm's SVN plugin, but you are restricted to only that SVN version. What if you want to use another version of SVN? This tutorial will walk you through how to make MobaXterm work with any SVN version.

My MobaXterm version is Personal Edition v7.0 and my OS is Windows 7.

Download and install SVN

Let's say we want to install and use SVN version 1.6.16. Let's go download and install Setup-Subversion-1.6.16.msi from http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32svn/files/1.6.16/. If you want to use a different SVN version simply download that version instead.

Set up environment

Once you have installed SVN on your Windows machine, you should see svn.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Subversion\bin. Therefore, include "C:\Program Files (x86)\Subversion\bin" in the PATH environment variable by running the following command in a MobaXterm console:

export PATH=.:/drives/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Subversion/bin

Also, you will need to specify an editor for SVN. Run the following command:

export SVN_EDITOR=vim

You are done!

Suppose the working copy of your code is at 'D:\my repository\my source code.php', you run the following command in MobaXterm to commit this file:

svn.exe commit 'D:\my repository\my source code.php'

This command, however, will run vim so you can enter a log message. Alternatively, run the following command so that SVN will not run vim:

svn.exe commit -m 'commit from script' 'D:\my repository\my source code.php'

This command is useful if you want to run this command inside a script.

If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to help you!
Please leave a comment here!
One Minute Information - by Michael Wen
ADVERTISING WITH US - Direct your advertising requests to Michael