May 7, 2010

f Comment

Comparing WordPress Versus Google Blogger! Which is BETTER?

Amazon Today I researched on which blog service provides best SEO right out of the box. My choices came to Google Blogger and WordPress. Here's what I am looking for:
  • Blog service: I want the blog service provider to host all my blogs. 
  • Highly customizable: So I can control look-and-feel and include what I want and exclude what I don't want.
WordPress
  • You can include as many static pages as possible, and the URL looks like /static-page-name/ which is totally customizable. The downside is that you lose the ability to categorize.
  • You are limited to the templates provided to you, and you cannot change the look-and-feel unless you upgrade your account by paying a fee every year.
  • URL format of a post looks like /year/month/day/page-title/
  • Once you finish a blog you can come back and change published date and modify relative path of the URL, and the date in the URL will change accordingly.
  • Allow inclusion of all kinds of widgets.
  • Sometimes put ads on your posts unless you pay a fee to upgrade.
  • Highly SEO optimized.
  • The majority of highly popular blogs use WordPress.
  • Recommended by Matt Cuts.

Google Blogger

  • You can include as many static pages as 10 and the URL looks like /p/page-title.html which is not customizable.
  • You are limited to the templates provided to you but you can change CSS all you want for FREE.
  • URL format of a post looks like /year/month/page-title.html
  • Once you finish a blog you can come back and change published date and modify post's title but the URL will NOT change.
  • Allow inclusion of all kinds of widgets.
  • Needs tweaks to make SEO optimized.
  • More people use Blogger according to Google.

Bottom line is WordPress provides best SEO but less customization (without a fee) than Blogger. The fact that WordPress is recommended by Matt Cutts probably means that you should use WordPress. However I can just spend some time to make posts on Blogger more SEO friendly as I have been in this field for several years now, and that should solve all my issues.

For people who are less familiar with SEO I still recommend that they learn about it and use Blogger, as the customization that Blogger allows is highly flexible.

Therefore my verdict is Blogger

If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to help you!
Please leave a comment here!
One Minute Information - by Michael Wen
ADVERTISING WITH US - Direct your advertising requests to Michael